Making the Fish Roll
1. Bring out the dough from the fridge and begin kneading.
2. Knead till you have a smoother and more elastic mixture.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 2-3mm.
4. Use a dough cutter to trim off the edges of the flattened dough, to give you a rectangular shape. (You can return the trimmed edges to the fridge).
5. Place your filling at one end of the rectangular dough.
6. Apply egg wash to the remaining parts of the dough (till about half way, then you can leave it.)
7. Start rolling your dough over till you’re halfway and cut the dough straight in the middle.
8. Repeat step 5-7 for the remaining half and now you should have two long rolls of fillings rolled up in dough.
9. Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into three equal parts.
10. Now heat about 3 spoons of vegetable oil in the frying pan and allow to heat up for 2 minutes.
11. Gently place your rolls in batches (as much as the pan can take but be careful not to overcrowd the pan).
12. Deep fry and make sure the colour changes to golden brown.
13. Repeat for the other rolls till there’s no roll left.
14. Remove from the pan and place in paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
Your Fish roll is prepared to be used with one of your favorite drink in its chilled condition.